Motorola has definitely hit the ground running to start us off in 2011. They have teamed up with the nations top wireless service providers to unleash some beastly products for us to look forward to. Besides joining in on the tablet craze with the announcement of their XOOM Tablet, we can expect to see two brand new handsets from the manufacturer on Verizon Wireless and AT&T along with an update to a charming favorite on T-Mobile.
Last year around this time it was 3D televisions. This year its all about dual-core processor smartphones. Trust me when I say that Motorola did not skimp on the details. Here are some quick specs and basic information to get you excited. Well roll out additional details as they unfold. Its about to get interesting. EVO what? Galaxy Who??
DROID BIONIC; Verizon Wireless:
The latest member of the popular DROID family on Verizon Wireless comes packed with some amazing features to satisfy all levels of smartphone users and also has the hardware to back it up. Promising a more enriched, better than before, and faster than ever experience utilizing their new 4G LTE network, Verizon Wireless may have hit this one out of the park.
- Dual-core processors running at 1GHz each; 512 MB RAM
- New 4.3-inch qHD display
- Adobe Flash Player and HTML5
- 8MP rear facing camera; VGA front facing
- HDMI connectivity
- DROID 4Gs Mirror Mode (simultaneous streaming of video to TV and from device)
Motorola ATRIX 4G; AT&T Wireless:
Unless something crazy gets announced between now and CTIA in March, this phone will without a doubt be the greatest smartphone on the market upon its release some time in Q1. Imagine the ability to hold both a laptop and smartphone in one device. Figuratively? No LITERALLY! Thats right. This handset will have the option to work in conjunction with some exclusive docks to transform into your own personal multimedia center and laptop.
- Dual-core processors running at 1GHz each; Full 1 GB RAM (twice than most)
- Android 2.2
- New qHD quality display
- Front and rear-facing camera and ability to record in HD
- Biometric fingerprint reader for easily unlocking your phone and extra security
- Up to 48 GB storage (16 GB internal and optional up to 32 GB)
- Under 11mm thin
- Support with companion docks; Motorola HD Multimedia Dock and Motorola Laptop Dock
Motorola CLIQ 2; T-Mobile USA:
The third revision of this popular Android device makes its popular return with some great new features and surprisingly some old ones as well. Continuing with the powerful combination of the Android operating system and MOTOBLUR, the CLIQ 2 will be offered as a 3G smartphone utilizing the faster speeds at no additional cost on the T-Mobile 4G network.
- 1GHz processor
- 3.7-inch high resolution display
- 5MP Camera
- Android 2.2
- Adobe Flash Player
- Slide out keypad with new unique design
- Wi-Fi calling capabilities (New for some Android devices on T-Mobile)
- DLNA enabled for sharing content with other enabled devices