Verizon Wireless has announced that consumers will no longer have to worry about purchasing a smartphone or tablet on Big Red’s network for full cost anymore, sort of. Consumers will now be able to activate service and pay for their smartphone or tablet in monthly payments.
Like everything in the wireless industry there is a lot of fine print. Here is an overview of what is required.
- Full retail priced smartphone or tablet price must be a minimum of $349.99.
- Pay for the full retail priced smartphone or tablet in 12 payments.
- Finance charge of $24, which is $2 per month.
- Device Payment Plan customers can take advantage of Share Everything pricing and data sharing.
- First payment, including $2 finance charge, due at time of purchase. Your next payment will appear on your next Verizon Wireless bill.
- Maximum of two open Installment Plans per customer.
- $1000 combined Installment Plan balance limit per customer
To find out more check with your local Verizon Wireless store. This program can be very beneficial to someone wanting a new phone but not qualified for an upgrade.