It’s that time of year again for Samsung to bring new devices to market. This year it is the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with dual-edge display and the Samsung Galaxy S6.
Samsung believes with the Galaxy S6 you will get a smartphone that is reimagined from the inside out to deliver the most complete experience to date. The smartphone features a metal bezel that is a departure from what has notoriously been a plastic device.
The specs for both devices are identical for the most part. The S6 Edge having the dual edge display, a hair larger dimensions and a slightly larger battery capacity.
- 5.1” Quad HD Super AMOLED display
- 1440 x 2560 pixel (577 PPI pixel density)
- 16 Megapixel camera
- 0.7 Second activation for faster response
- Auto real-time HDR
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera
- 120 Degree viewing angle
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57
- 64 bit, Octa-core
- Galaxy S6 – 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm (5.64 x 2.77 x 0.27 in) and 138g (4.86 oz)
- Galaxy S6 Edge – 142.1 x 70.1 x 7 mm (5.59 x 2.76 x 0.27 in) and 132g (4.65 oz)
The Galaxy S6 devices will launch with Android 5.0 (Lollipop). Samsung put a lot of work into delivering two nice devices that are defiantly going to renew some competition between brands. The dual edge display has been referred to as a gimmick by some but if it is something you take advantage of and apps have access to that real estate it is far from a gimmick.
Look for a hefty price on these devices. They will be available in 32 / 64 / 128GB models in three colors at launch on April 10th. You will have 4 color choices at launch, white, black, gold and green. This is sure to be followed by some carrier exclusive colors.
You can follow this link to Samsung to signup for additional details as they release.